Environmental Management Systems Course
- Outline the development of Environmental management Standards
- Discuss legislation underpinning environmental management systems and the roles of regulators
- Describe the ISO 14000:2004 and the guidelines for its use in development, implementation, and verification of environmental management systems
- Discuss the environmental aspects of the business and how to manage them to ensure quality performance while reducing the environmental footprint; and
- Specify guidelines on documents required to effectively design, implement and maintain environmental management systems;
- Introduction to environmental management system
- Compliance requirements of ISO 14000:2004
- Planning environmental management system audits
- Development of an environmental management system
- Environmental management system audit
- Environmental management system reporting
Course participants have a strong understanding of the concept, principles and practice of environmental management system and can supervise or manage an EMS in a business context.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for Environmental, Health and Safety, and Quality Managers, and anyone who will be required to perform internal audits of their environmental management systems. Delegates with some prior knowledge of ISO 14001 or their own environmental management system could have an added advantage.
Apart from end of session quizzes, participants will take a test to assess their understanding of concepts, principles and applications of environmental management systems.
Contact CCE for dates.
On completion of the course, each participant will receive a certificate to demonstrate that they have achieved an acceptable level of competence in the course.
£650 + VAT