Certificate in Carbon Management
- Explain the basic concepts, importance, and a general overview of carbon management;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific theories and principles underpinning climate change;
- Analyze different international and national policies and how they determine how different organizations apply them to address climate change;
- Explain the key climate change impacts on human welfare and ecosystem health, and the mitigation and adaptation measures;
- Discuss the carbon flows and fluxes between the major global carbon pools;
- Explain how carbon stocks in different systems is are quantified, monitored and reported using standard procedures;
- Discuss how carbon emission reduction technologies and projects are financed using different mechanisms; and
- Explain different carbon management strategies implemented to address climate change at different scales.
The student should be able to:
- CCM01 Introduction to carbon management
- CCM02 Climate change science
- CCM03 Climate change policy
- CCM04 Climate change impacts, mitigation & adaptation
- CCM05 Carbon measurement, monitoring, and verification
- CCM06 Carbon finance
- CCM07 Carbon management strategy
- CCM08 Course assessment 1: Individual project
- CCM09 Course assessment 2: Theory exam
- CCM10 FSC Forest Carbon Management Certification
- CCM11 Corporate Carbon Footprint Verification and/or Certification
- CCM12 Landscape Carbon Offset Project Validation and Verification
Options (2 courses)
Carbon Managers have a strong understanding of carbon management principles, policies, regulations, and practices and are able to use them to improve the effectiveness of their carbon management.
January and September intakes
This course is suitable for Environmental and Carbon Managers, and anyone intending to develop a career in environment and energy management. While prior experience in climate change science and policy fields is an added advantage, people who have never worked in this field can also be considered for the course.
Awarded a Certificate in Energy Management upon successful completion of the course.