- Explain the basic concept, principles, and significance of carbon footprint assessments;
- Explain the basic science and impacts of climate change, and use of greenhouse protocols climate change mitigation and adaption;
- Examine lifecycle analysis of product and its use in carbon footprint assessments;
- Demonstrate how to calculate a carbon print of an organization or a product;
- Demonstrate how to calculate carbon footprints in a supply chain; and
- Explain how to apply carbon footprints in business communication and marketing.
- Introduction to carbon footprinting
- Climate change and greenhouse gas protocols
- Lifecycle analysis and carbon emissions assessment
- Carbon footprint assessment
- Direct carbon footprints
- Carbon footprints in supply chain
- Carbon footprinting for business communication and marketing
- Calculating a carbon footprint
Course participants have a strong understanding of the concept, principles and practice of energy management system and can supervise or use it a business context.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for Facility, Health and Safety, and newly appointed Environmental Managers who need an introduction to energy management systems and auditing; Managers and staff responsible for planning, performance and reporting of any form of energy applications ranging from system compliance to full site reviews, monitoring and controls; and ideal for Facilities and Estate Managers. Some prior knowledge of ISO 15001:2011 or own energy management system could have an added advantage.
Apart from end of session quizzes, participants will take a test to assess their understanding of concepts, principles and applications of environmental management systems.
Contact CCE for dates.
On completion of the course, each participant will receive a certificate to demonstrate that they have achieved an acceptable level of competence in the course.
£950 + VAT