- Explain the concept, importance, and the context of carbon management;
- Explain the basic theories, principles and scientific meaning of climate change;
- Discuss the major policies governing carbon management at local, national and global scales;
- Explain the different carbon assessment and monitoring techniques used in carbon auditing;
- Discuss the major strategies for managing carbon flows and fluxes across major carbon pools;
- Explain different climate change mitigation and adaptation mechanisms to reduce carbon footprint;
- Discuss the role of biomass and biofuels as substitute for fossil fuels;
- Explain carbon monitoring, reporting and verification methods to ensure carbon management mechanisms to ensure carbon stocks are accounted for;
- Outline the key features of payment for ecosystem services and how the principles are applied in carbon management; and
- Discuss how carbon is managed in a business environment.
- Introduction to carbon management
- Climate change science
- Climate change policies
- Carbon assessments and monitoring
- Carbon management strategies
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Biomass and biofuels
- Carbon monitoring, reporting and verification
- Payment for ecosystem services
- Carbon in your business context
Course participants who have developed a strong understanding of the concept, principles and practice of carbon management system and can supervise or use it a business context.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for Senior Managers assessing the business case around carbon, and Directors and Managers who wish to understand carbon in business including essentials in development of carbon management strategies.
Apart from end of session quizzes, participants will take a test to assess their understanding of concepts, principles and applications of environmental management systems.
Contact CCE for dates.
On completion of the course, each participant will receive a certificate to demonstrate that they have achieved an acceptable level of competence in the course.
£1050 + VAT