Diploma in Environment and Development
- Explain the relationships between environment, economy and society in the context of global and local change and uncertainty;
- Discuss sustainable development theories and concepts and their application to development and environmental issues;
- Demonstrate familiarity with current issues and trends from countries at different levels of development.
- Discuss the energy management aspects of the business and how to manage them to ensure quality performance while implementing a sustainable energy management system; and
- Specify guidelines on documents required to effectively design, implement and maintain environmental management systems;
At the end of the course, the students should be able to:
- DED01 Understanding Environment and Development
- DED02 International Development in a Changing World
- DED03 Political Ecology of Environment and Development
- DED04 Governance, Democracy, and Development
- DED05 Principles of Environmental Sustainability
- DED06 Environmental Change: Past, Present and future
- DED07 Course assessment: Individual Project
- DED08 Course assessment: Theory examination
- DED09 Environmental Policies
- DED10 Environmental Governance
- DED11 Business and Environment
- DED12 Strategic Environmental Assessment
- DED13 Environment Management Systems
- DED14 Water Resources Management
- DED15 Climate Change: Science and policy
- DED16 Integrated Resources Management
- DED17 Project Management
- DED18 Culture, ethics and environment
- DED19 Environmental Auditing and Reporting
Environment and Development practitioners have a strong understanding of Environment and Development principles, theories, and practices, and ability to apply these in environmentally friendly development.
Starts at the beginning of every month
This course is suitable for Environmental and natural resource managers, and anyone intending to develop a career in environment and development. While prior experience in environment and development field is an added advantage, people who have never worked in this field can also be considered for the course.
Awarded Level 6 Diploma in Environment and Environment upon completion of the course.