- Explain concepts, importance and business context of project management;
- Outline at least six principles of project management;
- Discuss the main features of the different stages of a project cycle;
- Explain the key stages in writing a fundable project proposal;
- Explain the key project management methods and how they are used to deliver successful projects;
- Outline the main project management tools and techniques used in delivering strong projects;
- Describe the different types of projects prepared over the lifespan of the project and how they are used to effectively manage a project;
- Discuss the main principles of managing people in a project to maximize their productivity; and
- Demonstrate the vital knowledge and skills of managing change within a project in response to changing circumstances.
- Overview of project management
- Principles of project management
- Project cycle
- Project proposal writing
- Project management methods
- Project management tools and techniques
- Project management reports
- Managing people
- Managing change
Course participants have a strong understanding of the concept, principles and practice of project management and are able to use them to manage a project.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for programme/project managers, people preparing to manage projects, and anyone intending to develop a career in project management. It is also open to people who want to enhance their understanding of project management.
Apart from end of session exercises, participants will take a test to assess their understanding of concepts, principles and applications of environmental management systems.
Contact CCE for dates.
On completion of the course, each participant will receive a certificate to demonstrate that they have achieved an acceptable level of competence in the course.
£950 + VAT